A Brief Professional Biography
I received my Master’s Degree in clinical Social Work from the University of Maryland School of Social Work in 1977. I have been a psychotherapist in private practice counseling individuals and couples, and providing group therapy for adults since 1979.
As an experienced clinician, therapists from various disciplines have chosen to work with me in their own personal therapy or in clinical consultation/training.
In addition to my clinical practice, I have presented community workshops on a range of topics including women’s relationship to their physical appearance, sibling relationships, chronic illness, major life transitions and phases of the life cycle. I have also led and co-led process training groups for psychotherapists for the American Academy of Psychotherapists and co-led a training group for new professionals for the Austin Group Psychotherapy Society
Credentials and Licenses
- Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical
- Certified Group Psychotherapist
- Texas license -#52577 Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Maryland license -#2804 Licensed Certified Social Worker-Clinical
- American Group Psychotherapy Association (Certified Group Psychotherapist)
- American Academy of Psychotherapists
- Austin Group Psychotherapy Society
- Austin Society for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy